A woman’s hypergamy tends to be viewed as a bad trait, and I can understand why some women would want to tone it down in themselves. It’s easier to find someone to be happy with if your standards are not too high.
I’ve never been good at giving great advice, but my thoughts still often lead people to new conclusions, so I’ll express my ideas about how to tone down hypergamy. If it sounds stupid, tell me. If you have ideas yourself, share. Also, I was never terribly hypergamous myself, so I’m not sure how strong this tendency is in other women, maybe my ideas would be like trying to convert gays to heterosexuality, but I might as well try. Now, these ideas are for women who want to lower hypergamy whatever the cost and nothing more, not necessarily 100% true statements and not necessarily uplifting. I’m not responsible for you if you try this and hurt yourself.
1) Have really low self-esteem in youth and feel really ugly and sexually worthless to everyone, which might in turn make you identify with betas and omegas. That might even make you like them more and feel sympathy for them. You might even go for them because deep down you’d feel that if someone fell for one of those, someone will surely love you. To make this worth it, you’d have to develop self-respect in other areas than your attractiveness, because someone who hates themselves might not be able to accept anyone’s love at all. So learn some skills, become a better person, develop morals and character, and thus earn some true self-respect even though you’re really ugly and undesirable and stupid.
2) Realize that no man is alpha to the core. They all need sex, and you got it. Needing is beta, so they are inherently needy, so you will never find a terribly self-sufficient man anyway, so why try to find an imaginary man who truly doesn’t need women?
3) Men are in general not as strong as they look, too. They kill themselves more, they get more cancer and heart problems, and their testosterone sometimes makes them do stupid stuff and hurt themselves. And they don’t express their feelings of fear and pain as much as women (cuz we can get away with it and they can’t in a relationship), which leads to more chronic stress and artery problems. If you ever wanted a man who’d “take care of you”, think about this. You’d have to do the same for him, he can’t always be the unmovable steady oak you can lean on.
4) Don’t have sex with alphas, ever. The experience might become unforgettable and spoil you for everyone else.
5) Realize that alphas can afford to be picky, spoiled and they can cheat if they wanted to, and love is a poor incentive to keep a man, since alphas do cheat a lot. Only incentives like fear of losing you can stop them better. And you don’t want any STDs… Remeber, chronic STDs can ruin your sex life and future children, so fear them and avoid them by avoiding those with whom everyone sleeps.
6) Look at yourself in the mirror, think of how your male equal would be like, and think really hard if you deserve a high status man. If not, then realize that wanting someone better than you is arrogant and entitled, and at the same time selfish, as you think it’s ok that this high status person should be stuck with someone lowly like you.
All those things might bring on low self-esteem and perhaps desire to kill yourself, so it’s best to counterbalance it with developing yourself as a person. Then, even if you feel ugly and unworthy of alphas, you’ll still have a lot of personal worth, even more than what alphas might have. Develop things like honesty, trustworthiness and empathy (read my Submissiveness and Strength post for more details). And don’t forget to work on your mind.
[EDIT]: Got attention of Manboobz people! 😀 They make really good points, and I have a response: https://emmatheemo.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/how-to-tone-down-your-hypergamy-part-2/