I know it might be shocking, but I used to be 68 kg (around 150 lbs and BMI of 24) and liked it. Then I got careless, worked too hard and got down to a pathetic 51 (got up to 54 now though). It took me a year. Usually the reverse happens. Losing a lot of weight unintentionally is just like getting fat, really, except no one can tell just by looking at me that I’ve been careless with diet and exercise, and can’t shame me for my choices. HAHA.
Well, I hate being thin, for several reasons.
1) Unless you have a super-feminine skeletal structure (like in the image link below), you will lose whatever femininity you had by going below a certain weight.
A very feminine skeletal structure means a small ribcage and wide pelvis, which remain there even if you have very little flesh, which would ensure you have always have curves. Of you don’t, then weight loss leads to a boyish figure, which is not very feminine.
2) It got hard to push heavy doors open at the university. You just can’t generate enough momentum.
3) I feel I freeze more now, and used to be warmer in colder environment. I think I also get ill more often, but that might just be bias (haven’t measured it).
4) Being thin doesn’t only mean having little fat, it means little muscle too. And the latter is very useful for strength. Strength is not so crucial for a girl, but it’s a very good thing to have, unless you expect men to do things for you all the time.
5) Ads to general appearance of being small and insignificant, and makes you look vulnerable, which wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for reason 6) – it attracts strange guys who salivate about vulnerability. Not the type you want to be vulnerable around. They also generally find fat women vomitable, so being fat would stop them from being attracted to me.
7)My boyfriend will like me better that way 🙂
Here is me at 51 kg:
So, I guess I’m gonna go back to 68 kg and post the new pic around October… I’m kinda curious what people would say about it. Not that it would change my actions that some people would find me gross after that, but I’m just curious.