1) You are relatable. Other losers like it when you speak publically about the problems losers usually have and call you brave for admitting your loserdom. Having loyalty of losers is less useful than having loyalty of powerful people, but it’s better than no loyalty at all.
2) People aren’t jealous and don’t hate you cuz you’re beautiful.
3) You don’t feel the pressure of looking good all the time. Expectations are low.
4) Your pathetic life is an obstacle to overcome. You will look better compared to luckier/less losery people, when you actually overcome it.
5) Since you’re outside the polite, friendly side of society, you’re potentially scarier to its members. With proper clothes and act, you get to seem like a potential serial killer without actually being one.